Khopra Ridge trek
- Destination: Khayer Lake, Khopra Ridge
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Moderate
- Departure from: Kathmandu
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Group size: Minimum 2 maximum 16
- Best Seasons: Spring/Autumn
- Meals: Choose From Menu
- Accomodation: Tea House
- Transportation: Drive/Flight
Khayer Lake, Khopra Ridge trek is one of the less trodden as well as the rarely trekked locations in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The off beaten routes offered by the trek offers a unique and pleasurable experience in order to explore the mystique of the less known locations like the KayerBarah Lake and the Khopra Ridge trek.
The trail of the Khayer Lake, Khopra Ridge trek is called as the Yak trail. The trail is characterized by less human life and more exquisite beauty of nature. The trek offers exclusive views of the Annapurna range as well as the Dhaulagiri and the soaring peak of the Fishtail Mountain. The main attraction of the trek, however, is the sacred Khayer Lake which is also the maximum altitude of the trek. The alpine edges of the Khopra Ridge trek are another added attraction. The ethnic people of this area drink blood on festivities as they believe that their wishes will come true. The Khayer Lake, Khopra Ridge trek thus also offers the chance to mix in with these ethnic inhabitants of the region.
The trek starts from Kathmandu and after a sightseeing day, the trek starts from Nayapul. The journey from Kathmandu to Nayapul will be carried out on a drive. From Ghandruk, the trek takes us to Tadapani, Dobato and on the 6th day to Chhistibung. Sunrise views from this location are unparalleled to any. On the 7th day, we trek to Kobra Danda and then into the Khayar BC on the next day. These days are the highlights of the trek. The Kharyar Base Camp offers exclusive views of the panorama of the Annapurna range. We will trek to Chitre and Swata on the 10th day, followed by a trek to Ghorepani. On the 12th day, we will trek to Hile via Tikhedhunga. After a trek to NayaPul on the 13th day, we will be transferred to Pokhara. The trek ends after a flight back to Kathmandu on the 14th day.
Day 01: Arrive in international airport in Kathmandu and meet Himalaya View Treks representative then transport to Hotel in Thamel which is only catered for the tourists.
Day 02: Early morning drive to Pokhara (915 m. 200 km.) by tourist bus (6/7 hours driving) and stay overnight at selected hotel nearby lake side.
Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk(1,940m/6,364 ft): Drive 1.5 hrs and 5 hrs, stay overnight at lodge
Day 04: Trek From Ghandruk to Tadapani(2,700m/8,860ft) : 5 horse) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 05: Trek From Tadapani to Bayli Kharka (3,460m/ 11,352 ft): 6-7 horse) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 06: Trek From Bayli to Upper Chistibung (2,950m/ 9,679 ft): 4-5 hrs) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 07: Trek From Chistibung to Kopra Ridge (3,660m/12,008 ft): 3 horse ) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 08: additional day in case bad weather, stay same tea house,
Day 09: Trek From Khopra Ridge to Swanta(2,260m/ 7,415 ft):5-6 hours) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 10: Trek From wanta to Ghorepani (2,840 m/9,318 ft): 6 hours) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 11: Early morning visit to Poon Hill (3210 m. 45 minutes to get at the top for the sun rise view) and trek to Tirkhedunga via Rhododendron forest (5 hours 1600m) stay overnight at tea house.
Day 12: Trek to Nayapul (4 hours walking) and then drive back to Pokhara by local bus (2 hour driving) or by taxi, stay overnight at selected hotel nearby Lake side.
Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus (200 km. 6/7 hours driving) stay overnight at selected hotel in Kathmandu
Day 14: Departure Day in your home country. Himalaya View Treks will transport to international tribhuwan airport,
1. Airport- hotel- airport pick up and drop by privet car/van/bus depending on group size.
2. 2 night hotel in kathmandu,( 1 nights before trek & 1 night after trek)..
3. Pokhara bus station to hotel in Pokhara by taxi.
4. Hotel 2 nights in Pokhara (before trekking & after trekking).
5. Pokhara/Nayapul/Pokhara by privet car/van/bus depending on group size.
6. Lodge accommodation during the Nepal Stay.
7. healthy Meals three times a day (Breakfast, lunch and dinner tea/coffee three times a day).
8. ACAP permit and TIMS card permit.
9. One fluent English speaking, government registered, experienced, first aid trained as well leadership trained guide and required porters one porter for 2 clients.
10. Guides/Porter’s: food, lodge, bus transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
1. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and pokhara.
2. Hard and soft table drinks such as, coke, beer, Mineral water, hot shower, boiled water during your trekking.
3. Personal insurance Including evacuations covered.
4. Rescue operation charge if encase.
5. battery charge
6. International airfare.
7. Visa fee
8. Tips for guide and porters
1 Reviews on Khopra Ridge trek View All
Optionally add an image (JPEG only)