EBC via ChoLa Pass
- Destination: Ebc & Gokyo Lake
- Activities: Trekking
- Trip Grade: Strenuous
- Departure from: Kathmandu
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Group size: Minimum 2 maximum 16
- Best Seasons: Sep-Dec & Mar-May
- Meals: Choose from menu
- Accomodation: Tea House
- Transportation: Drive & Flight
EBC via Chola Pass is a newly opened trekking route. This route is trodden upon by more and more thrill seekers every passing day. The chance to explore and experience the mighty Everest in itself in a dream comes true. Mix it in with the chance to pass through one of the most difficult passes in the Everest region, the Cho La Pass and you have for yourself, something worth exploring. This is one of the passes among Three passes Everest circuit trek.
The adventure trek over the difficult terrains of the Himalayas of Nepal rewards you with up-close views of the mountain peaks. Peaks like mighty Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, AmaDablam, Thamserku and other Tibetan peaks. Also included is the opportunity to actually mix in with the ethnic inhabitants of the region and experience their hospitality.
The EBC via Chola Pass is a difficult trek but it is highly attractive as it takes you to the Everest base camp and Gokyo lake. Intrepid trekkers have been found to be interested in facing the challenges associated with this trek head on. You require a good physique, proper acclimatization, some former trekking experience and you are good to go.
With a strong heart, EBC via Chola Pass trek starts in Lukla. Follow the Everest trial to the prosperous village of Namche Bazaar and move forward besides the roaring Imja Tse River to the valley below Everest. From Dole, Machhermo and Gokyo Valley, you will hike the GokyoRi and look below at the astoundingly azure lakes of the region. From here, move along to Dragnag and cross the mighty and difficulty Cho La Pass, only to experience the views of the extremely beautiful mountain peaks near and far. The return trek brings you to Lobuche, Gorakshep and finally to the EBC. Hike to Kalapatthar and bring the exhausting yet enthralling experience to an end with a return back to Lukla from Namche Bazaar.
Day 01: Arrive in international airport in Kathmandu and meet Himalaya View Treks representative then transport to Hotel in Thamel which is only catered for the tourists.
Day 02: Full day Kathmandu Valley sightseeing with professional tour guide and prepare for trekking.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla early in the morning (2827 m 35 minutes flight) and then trek to Phakding (2/3 hours walking) Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3443 m 5/6 hours walking) and over night at lodge.
Day 05: Rest day in Namche Bazaar for Acclimatization.
Day 06: Trek to Dole. (4110 m 5/6 hours walking) and over night at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Macherma. (4470 m 5/6 hours walking) and over night at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Gokyo ( 4760 mtr, ) 5/6 hours walking stay overnight at Lodge
Day 09: Visit to Gokyo Peak (5560 mtr.) in the morning (4 ½ hours walking) for sun rise view and all mountain views, from here we able to see 4 Mountain more than eight thousand miter high, back to Gokyo stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: trek to tangnak ( 4700 mtr. 5 hours walk, overnight at lodge,
Day 11: trek to Zhong la via Chola Pass(5320 mtr. 6/7 hours walking) stay overnight at lodge
Day 12: Trek to Lobuche (4930 mtr. 4 hours walking) stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 13: trek to Gorakshep ( 5140 mtr. 3 hour walking, same day visit to Everest base camp and back to Gorakshep, over night at Lodge
Day 14: Visit to Kalapattar (5545 mtr. Early in the morning for the best Everest view) trek back to Lobuche (5 hours walking stay Overnight at lodge..
Day 15: Phiriche to Namche Bazzar(6 hour)
Day 16: Namache bazzar to Lukla ( 5 hour walking overnight at hotel in Lukla.
Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu by flight (35 minutes flight) stay Overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 18: Departure Day in your home country. Himalaya View Treks will transport to international tribhuwan airport,
1. Airport- hotel- airport pick up and drop by car/ van depend on group size.
2. two night Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu BB Basis 3 *** category.
3. Hotel- domestic airport- hotel by car/ van,
4. Both way flight tickets kathmandu / Lukla / kathmandu.
5. One fluent English speaking first aid training leader guide and required porters, 1 porter for 2 client
6. All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) during your trekking,
7. Tea or coffee three times a day in cups during your meals,
8. Lodge accommodation on the way
9. Domestic airport taxes
10. Sagarmatha National park entrance permits and Tim card permit,
11. Guide’s; porters food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc
1. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
2. Hard and soft table drinks such as, coke, beer, Mineral water, hot shower, boiled water during your trekking.
3. Personal insurance Including evacuations covered.
4. Rescue operation charge if encase.
5. battery charge
6. International airfare.
7. Visa fee
8. Tips for guide and porters
1 Reviews on EBC via ChoLa Pass View All
Optionally add an image (JPEG only)